Earth Day

Happy Earth Day friends!! I have a quick and simple blog post about a few things I did and am doing this week to celebrate Earth day with my friend grade friends!
 
 

Some read aloud that I have read and will be reading this week include Where does the Garbage go?, Let's Take Care of the Earth, and Mrs. Fox's Class Goes Green. I also had a few non-fiction simple texts from Scholastic about Recycling, Reusing, and Reducing.



Before I read any texts, I had my students fill out the left side of the KWL chart, what I knew before about Earth Day. You can find this freebie ------> HERE


 After we read Mrs. Fox Class is Going Green, we talked about what it meant to go green. I had my students break into groups, and collaboration to make posters to advertise to other students about how they could 'go green'. They absolutely worked great together and enjoyed collaborating this way.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Earth-Day-No-Prep-Printables-Non-fiction-Passages-1750708

I followed up with my students in small group with Earth Day themed reading passages. Each passage contains 3 comprehension questions. They worked for homework as well! You can find them by clicking on the picture or clicking ------> HERE

Wishing you all a great Earth Day!!

No comments

Back to Top